How big is Facebook? The company’s fourth quarter report from 2015 will give you an idea. Here are six of the highpoints of new Dad, Mark Zuckerberg, career and some hints as to where Facebook might be heading.
6 Facts About Facebook and its Founder
Can you imagine making $6 billion in one day? Mark Zukerberg did when the 2015 fourth quarter earnings were reported causing the stock to jump. The power of Facebook is amazing. Here are 6 facts about Facebook and how it’s become a powerful force in today’s world.
- Billions! Not just what Zuckerberg is worth; it’s the number of active users on Facebook. There are 1.59 billion who use Facebook on a monthly basis but 1.04 are using it daily. If you have ever felt left out because you forgot to check what your friends were saying on Facebook before you left for work, you may have a good reason to feel that way. But, it’s OK; you can catch up on your smart phone.
- Billions and growing. There are billions using Facebook but it is still experiencing continued growth. Monthly users grew 14% and added 200 million in 2015. Daily users added 148 million to jump 17%. Doesn’t everyone wish their company could post that kind of growth.
- Checking our phone. It not only keeps you up-to-date. Mobile advertising is keeping Facebook’s pockets full. Mobile advertising accounted for 69% of Facebook’s ad revenue in 2014 but jumped to 80% in 2015. Do you see a trend there? One your company could use?
- Have a message? Facebook is there to help you with another area that could keep them growing. Their Whatsapp and Messenger are strong and they also own Instagram, a growing second advertising platform for Facebook.
- Looking to the future. Facebook is anything but stagnant. It’s set to ship Oculus a reality system that “.. is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. Whether you’re stepping into your favorite game, watching an immersive VR movie, jumping to a destination on the other side of the world, or just spending time with friends in VR, you’ll feel like you’re really there”, according to the advertising on the Oculus site.
- Video. Speaking of watching…try this statistic. More than 100 million hours of video are watched daily on Facebook. If you’ve wondered if your company needs a video, there’s a message there.
The power of Facebook has made Mark Zukerberg the 6th richest person in the world. That much money is beyond most people’s imagination, but there’s definitely money to be made on Facebook. Money that can go into your pocket. Harness the power of social media to optimize your search engine placement, interact with your customers and create buzz that helps you sell your product or service. Not sure where to start? Talk to a Search Engine Marketing firm that can put together a package that uses all the different available sources of Internet advertising to grow your bottom line.